TGIF! I have spent this evening working on my part of a group project for my internship orientation in a few weeks. I just finished it so now I’m enjoying a glass of wine before bedtime.
Here are 5 highlights of this week:
1. The weather is finally warm: this means I can finally be outside. Spring is my favorite season and I have really hated the cold and rainy May we’ve had so far. I’m glad the sun is finally out. This past week I hit the greenway for the first time this year and it was very relaxing.
2. I got new glasses: this has been a long time coming. I haven’t gotten new glasses in the past 5 years and I have def. outgrown my old pair. I was finally able to go to the eye doctor last week and immediately ordered my new glasses the next day. I will write a follow-up about them once I’ve had a chance to really wear them.
3. I’ve turned in all of my pre-internship documents: I never thought this day would come but I THINK (and hope and pray) that I have submitted all of the paperwork I needed to turn in before my dietetic internship starts. This includes but is not limited to documentation for 5 vaccines, 3 sets of transcripts, prior assessed learning credit and my complete internship schedule.
4. We got to see K’s family: ever since we moved we have not been able to see K’s family as often as we would like, so it was really nice to be able to celebrate Mother’s Day with everyone. We had a really great weekend shopping, seeing a movie and having a lovely brunch at Vivace. K’s mom could not take her Mother’s Day flowers with her so they are looking beautiful on our table right now.
5. The pool opened. I don’t roast in the sun all summer long but it was nice to lay out there one afternoon this week. I am also not taking this time for granted… I know it will not be very relaxing out there once the kids are out of school for the summer.
I only have 2 weekends before the craziness of my internship starts so we have big plans for this weekend. Happy Friday!