I started making plans for my private practice on October 30, 2016 (yes, I remember the date) I officially launched it on January 1, 2017! Running a private practice has been so amazing and rewarding. I’ve been able to quit my full-time job in less than a year, I’ve gained a ton of freedom and flexibility in my schedule and most importantly, I’ve been able to provide sound nutrition education to help countless clients live healthier lives.
But running a nutrition private practice as a dietitian has also been a learning experience. No one teaches you business skills in nutrition school! I have learned so much from so many other amazing nutrition entrepreneurs and I hope this information may help some of you!
Nutrition Private Practice Q&A Call
I have really loved connecting with other registered dietitians who are looking to start or grow their own nutrition private practice. After getting so many requests to “pick my brain” about growing a nutrition business, I’ve started offering RD strategy sessions!
This is a great opportunity to strategize with an RD business owner who has been where you are currently standing and can give you seasoned advice about how to overcome your business obstacles… all without the commitment of a business coaching package!
Here are some of the topics that may come up during a call:
- The basics of starting your own private practice
- Transitioning out of your full-time job
- How to structure services
- How to get your ideal client
- How to use social media to grow your business
- How to run group programs and launch online courses
Looking forward to chatting with you!
Tools I use in my nutrition private practice
- Books I like: 6 Months to 6 Figures, Making Nutrition Your Business
- Phone: Google Voice
- Fax: Faxage with signed BAA
- Business cards and marketing material: VistaPrint
- Bulk printing material: Staples.com
- Website: self-hosted wordpress (.org, NOT .com)
- Website Host: Siteground
- EMR and Scheduling: Practice Better
- Online Course: Kajabi
- Professional Branding: Flourish Collaborative
Blog posts about starting a nutrition private practice:
- The day I launched my private practice
- Quitting my full-time job
- What I’ve learned 6 months after starting a nutrition private practice (June 2017)
- 1 Year Anniversary of starting a private practice (January 2018)
- Tools and tips for dietitian entrepreneurs
- Why I dropped all of my contract jobs in 2018
- 3 Marketing Opportunities I Passed Up On
- Why you need to find your niche
- My experience using a professional branding company